Please ensure your bins are available from 6.00am on the morning of your collection. Also note that your bins will be collected as normal over bank holidays (with the exception of Christmas & New Year).
For more information, please contact the Refuse and Recycling helpline on: 01789 260925 or visit www.stratford.gov.uk.
Contact: Chris Dobson, Waste and Recycling Officer on 01789 260885
And remember since December you can now recycle more in your recycling bin. If you find that your blue-lidded bin is full you may put out additional recycling in a box next to your bin.
Also with all the extra food and Christmas leftovers remember this can also be put in your green bin for composting as an alternative to putting it in your grey bin, allowing you a weekly collection of kitchen waste. This can be wrapped in newspaper but not in a plastic bag.
Christmas tree recycling
Christmas Trees can be put in your green bin for collection. They should be cut up if necessary so that they fit in the bin with the lid closed. They can also be taken to the Warwickshire County Council Household Waste Recycling Centres in the District at Burton Farm, Wellesbourne, Shipston-on-Stour and Stockton. You can also use the County Council’s woodchipping service to shred them.
Christmas Cards can be recycled in your blue-lidded wheelie bin or taken to most supermarkets or recycling centres. The Woodland Trust is holding a Christmas Card recycling scheme at WHSmith and Marks and Spencers for more information visit http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/take-part/recycle/cards/pages/christmas.aspx
Prepare for Christmas:
• Switch to LED Christmas lights. Using these rather than traditional Christmas lights will cost you six times less to run.
• Choose gifts with minimal packaging to reduce waste.
• Save and reuse wrapping where possible. Sealing presents with string or ribbon makes it easier to reuse or use recycled paper, children’s drawings, paintings or even glossy magazine paper.
• Use Christmas cards made from recycled paper or send e-cards
• Use old Christmas card as present labels
• Take reusable bags with you when shopping – some supermarkets reward you for reusing bags.
• Use a shopping list to ensure you only purchase what you will need for the festive season.
• Visit the Love Food Hate website at www.lovefoodhastewaste.com for help with portion sizing for Christmas Dinner and tasty tips for using leftovers.
Press Office Press officer e-mail:
Stratford-on-Avon District Council email@example.com
Elizabeth House, Church Street,
Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6HX
Tel: 01789 260105 Fax: 01789 260244 www.stratford.gov.uk